This weeks subject
Any Lord of the Rings Character

Monday, March 19, 2012

Week 16 - Emma Frost by Randy Ostridge

Just a few stragglers from last week (all my fault) Emma Frost week... this one by Randy Ostridge.  Check out more of his stuff here.

"This image is for a weekly theme over at the Illustrious Bits sketch group.

Sometimes things don't turn out quite like you expected. I wanted to do something with the White Queen where I kind of did a negative space thing with her costume, with heavy lineart only on her fleshy bits. In the end I didn't quite get the effect I was going for. And it didn't help that the scanner blew away all the subtle grays of the fabrics. Well, you never know how something will turn out until you give it a go.

Pencil on paper, cool and warm gray markers, black inks."


Emma Frost (c) Marvel Comics

No comments:

Post a Comment