This weeks subject
Any Lord of the Rings Character

Monday, September 24, 2012

Week 36 - Creature from the Black Lagoon by Randy Ostridge

"This image is for a weekly theme over at the Illustrious Bits sketch group.

One of the themes I missed in my sketch group was "Any Movie Monster". So when the chance came up to catch-up on a topic, I got out my monster-hunting gear. I have always wanted to draw Gill-man; he's just so crazy looking. When searching for some reference, I found a production photo of Gill-man looming over Julie Adams. So I ran with that idea and this is what I ended up with. I am not satisfied with the level of contrast in the overall image. It feels a little too flat. Ah well, better luck next time.

Pencil on paper, then inked with warm gray, cool gray, and black markers."


Creature from the Black Lagoon (c) Universal

check out more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment