This weeks subject
Any Lord of the Rings Character

Friday, February 10, 2012

Week 11 - Queen Beryl by Randy Ostridge

This awesome sketch of Sailor Moon's Queen Beryl was contributed by Randy Ostridge and this is what he wrote over at Deviant Art...

"This image is for a weekly theme over at the Illustrious Bits sketch group.

I have seen about two episodes of Sailor Moon in my life, so I am probably butchering this character. One of the main villians in the early series is Queen Beryl, and I just liked her dark look. 

Really experimenting with digital painting in this one. I wanted to get a more watercolor feel, but still keep some of the lineart look. I may have overworked it in the end, but it was quite fun!

All Photoshop."


check out more of Randy's stuff here.

Queen Beryl (c) Naoko Takeuchi, Kodansha Ltd., Toei Animation Co., Ltd

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Beautiful energy and mood here. Love the coloring and pose on her. She looks dangerous and sexy at the same time.

    ReplyDelete