This weeks subject
Any Lord of the Rings Character

Monday, February 20, 2012

Week 12 - JEM! by Randy Ostridge

Another great image from Randy... The JEM! group on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine, a great image based on one of my favorite Glee covers.  If you've never seen it, check it out.

"This image is for a weekly theme over at the Illustrious Bits sketch group.

When the theme of Jem came up for the sketch group, I immediately thought about doing a magazine cover of the band. The only music magazine I know is Rolling Stone, so I sorted through some of the their covers. I took inspiration from this Glee cover (my wife loves Glee):

[link]

It worked because it had just the right number of characters, and I could easily see Jem as the central figure. Anywho, it may have been a little ambitious in the end, as I kind of ran out of steam during the colouring process. But it was still pretty fun.

Lineart is pencil on paper, inked with markers. Coloured in Photoshop."



check out more of his work here.


1 comment: