This weeks subject
Any Lord of the Rings Character

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Week 34 - Cruela De Vil by Daniel Campos

"Young spin on Cruella De Vil done for the :iconillustriousbits: group where the topic this round is:

Week 34 (08/13 - 08/26) - Any Disney Villain

I've been in a huge art slump lately that has nothing to do with artblock and everything to do with me just being very dissatisfied wtih my output and quality. I'm sure every single artist out there has experienced this at one point or another and if you haven't well then you're just not trying hard enough.

Anyway, for this topic I sketched up a bunch of roughs, none of which I was happy with or felt caught the vibe of a young, reckless, and rather punk rock Cruella from maybe her teenage years. So I just started stabbing at an 11x17 inch board and this is what the end result was. Not the vision in my head but at least I'm satisfied to have been able to get something out on paper that didn't involve a deadline or other pressure. Just something for fun, and it felt good.

I'm very behind on all the most recent topics over at the group but with the catch up week coming soon I hope to rectify that as the folks over there are doing some amazing work and I have to knuckle up and start doing something as well."

Cruella De Vil (c) Disney

check out more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment