This weeks subject
Any Lord of the Rings Character

Monday, October 22, 2012

Week 38 - Deathbird by Randy Ostridge

"This image is for a weekly theme over at the Illustrious Bits sketch group.

The theme for my sketch group was any character created by Chris Claremont. So I decided to head into the Shi'ar mythology and pluck out Deathbird. I had fun with this one, as rendering her armor really allowed me to mix the cool and warm grays effectively. The armor details were fun, although the cabling got kind of tedious. I wanted her to have a smirk on her face that belied her true intentions, but I'm not sure I nailed it. In the end, it was an enjoyable piece.

Pencil on paper. Inked with warm gray, cool gray, and black markers."

Deathbird (c) Marvel Comics

check out more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment